I know a lot of people are talking about anxiety at the moment and how it is affecting children, tween’s and teenagers. So why is it so important to work with these age groups and their anxiety, well they are our future and they need the support and guidance. So what is anxiety, anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. It can also be a strong desire or concern to do something or for something to happen.
Anxiety also sends your body into the flight, fight and freeze mode. Which is an acute physiological reaction that occurs when there is something going on that your body views as terrifying. It is where the body’s nervous system is activated due to a sudden release of hormones. It also stimulates the adrenal gland which triggers the release of catecholamines, which includes adrenaline and noradrenaline. These hormones increases your heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing rate. It generally takes around 20 to 60 minutes for the body to return to its normal state. Most of the time Anxiety is when you are overthinking over a certain situation, sometimes these situations are real life ones and sometimes they are created in out mind because of worrying about things that could happen in the future.
Some of the common symptoms that people get are:
- A racing heartbeat
- Faster breathing
- Feeling tense or having body aches
- Sweating or feeling dizzy
- ‘Butterflies’ or feeling sick in the stomach
Other Signs and symptoms that people get can include:
- Unable to relax and chill out
- Worrying about things a lot of the time
- Being unable to control your worrying
- Avoiding places or people
- Spending less time with friends and family
- Having trouble concentrating and paying attention
- Feeling annoyed, irritated or restless
- Difficulty getting to sleep at night and waking a lot throughout the night
Sometimes It can be an all consuming, where you can’t seem to get out of it. There are some really simple things that you can do when you are feeling anxious:
- Self Care
- Have a bath
- Breathing, being mindful of your breathing
- Mindfulness, being super mindful of your thoughts and changing them from negative to positive thoughts
Through using Kinesiology I can support you or your child to move through and to feel like your more in balance. Kinesiology is a great modality as it is non-invasive and through a few very simple techniques, corrections and talk therapy, you will walk out feeling ten times better than when you walked in.
If your interested in booking an appointment for yourself or your child, tween or teenager, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be very grateful to help you out.